Child's First Dental Visit - Pediatric Dentistry
We have several important goals during your child's first visit to our office. First, we want to introduce your child to staff and the dental setting in as non-threatening a way as possible.
1. To provide pleasant introductions to the dental setting and staff, an overall positive experience for your child.
2. To perform a comprehensive exam and assessment of your child's dental health and needs, both now and future.
3. To obtain radiographs when possible in order to provide important additional diagnostic information.
4. To perform preventive measures such as cleaning, topical fluoride application, oral hygiene instructions and dietary guidance.
5. To provide the parents or guardians a thorough analysis of the child's dental and oral status, including restorative needs, orthodontic treatment needs, and home care recommendations.
6. To provide an assessment of treatment methods that would best serve, given your child's behavior and abilities.