Teeth Whitening in Indianapolis, IN
Ready to get started?Contact Us
Whitening Your Smile With Powerful & Fast Results
Tooth whitening is the No. 1 requested and performed cosmetic dental procedure. Tooth whitening is a procedure that lightens teeth up to nine shades by removing stains and discoloration.
A thin coating forms on your teeth throughout the day, which attracts stains. The tooth's enamel contains pores that hold stains. Cavities need to be treated before teeth are whitened because the whitening solution can penetrate decay and reach inner areas of the tooth, which can cause tooth sensitivity. Receding gums can cause roots to become exposed. Whitening will not work on exposed tooth roots, because roots do not have an enamel layer. Whitening also does not work on tooth restorations, such as crowns or veneers.
Whitening can be done in the dental office or at home.
Powerful Home Whitening Kits
The most common type of home tooth whitening involves placing a gel-like whitening solution, which usually contains hydrogen peroxide, in a tray that resembles a night guard or mouth guard. Over-the-counter mouthpieces are unlikely to fit correctly and can cause gum irritation if the whitening agent seeps out. The tray is then placed over the teeth for a certain period of time, anywhere from an hour or two to overnight.
Single Visit Whitening vs. Home Whitening
Today, whitening your teeth can be done using a variety of products and services. Do-it-yourself at-home whitening kits are available at your local supermarket and are an effective way to whiten teeth, but they require frequent applications for weeks at a time to achieve a whiter smile. Our whitening system uses a specialized concentrated whitening gel that you can't find in supermarkets and is activated by using a powerful whitening light that is also not available to the general public. Single-visit whitening is done in the dental office and only requires one dental visit compared to nightly whitening applications from an at-home whitening kit.
Any form of teeth whitening can achieve great results. Single-visit whitening enables those with time-sensitive occasions such as a wedding, reunion, etc. to whiten their teeth quickly. However, home whitening is an extremely affordable whitening method you can do yourself!
Ball Dentistry Reviews
My whole family has gone here for years. The staff is friendly, they make referrals out to great providers too. Staff is patient with kids, and flexible in scheduling.
I’ve been bringing my family here for years. We love this place!
I see Andrea at Ball Dentistry for botox/jeauveau and love it there!! The facility is beautiful and the staff is very helpful and professional. I’ve never had a long wait. And of course, Dr, Andrea Ball is always the professional and VERY talented with injections!
I love Ball Dentistry. My mother recommended me here and now I recommend my friends to go there. This is where I will go from now on. The entire staff are very wonderful and kind and very helpful.
Dr. Andrea Ball pulled my daughter's tooth, and I would 100% recommend Ball Dentistry! She was incredibly kind and understanding to my nervous daughter. She was very professional and communicated the process well! I am so glad that we decided to go to Ball Dentistry!
Get In Touch
In-Office Whitening Procedure
- Preparation - We start the whitening process by covering your lips and gums, leaving only your teeth exposed. At this time, we can usually estimate how white your new smile will be by matching your teeth with a whitening shade and estimate approximately up to eight shades whiter from here.
- Application - Next, a high-strength whitening gel is applied to the surfaces of your teeth. This special gel is specifically designed to work with the whitening light.
- Whitening - The whitening light is placed directly in front of your teeth to maximize exposure to the gel. The special light activates the gel, which gently penetrates the outermost (enamel) layer of your teeth, breaking up stains and discoloration during the process.
- Smile - Smile with confidence as you leave the office with a brighter, whiter smile!
If you are thinking about whitening your teeth and would like to try our whitening service, call us anytime at or request an appointment online and come see what it's all about!
- Opalesence Go: $80 - 10 sets of prefilled disposable whitening trays allow you to whiten anytime! Affordable and more effective than OTC options.
- Custom Whitening Trays: $199 - We take impressions of your teeth and create re-usable whitening trays tailored to your smile so you can whiten anytime. 2 tubes of whitening gel included. Single syringe refill - $23. Double - $40.
- Opalesence Boost: $299 - In-office power whitening get offers brighter, whiter teeth after about an hour in the dental chair and continues to whiten after your visti. Great in-office option for sensitive teeth.
- Zoom Whitening: $399 - In-office whitening light delivering instant results. Custom trays are included for future touchups.